We are here for you
The Property Management Services team prides itself on carrying out our work effectively by working to accommodate prospective tenants. We understand that many of our applicants need support when progressing through the process of securing a tenancy. That’s why we offer a comprehensible support journey for all our customers to ensure they are completely satisfied with our properties and services.
You can put your trust in us!
Good quality properties to choose from in the Teesvalley area
All properties comply with current legislation
Tenancy deposits held in a client account
Benefits of you renting
Renting today is a positive lifestyle choice and many people prefer not to have the long term obligations that come with property ownership. Additionally, renting provides a cost effective alternative and frees tenants of the responsibility of property repairs & maintenance.
If you’re looking for a home to rent Property Management Services has a huge selection of good quality accommodation to choose from. Property Management Services operates one of Tees valley’s largest specialist lettings agency and provides hundreds of tenants with desirable and affordable accommodation each year.
Choosing the area you want to live in
When choosing a location, take the time to consider where you want to live, maybe visit and walk around the area. In choosing an area in which to live you should consider :-
- Your budget – some areas are more expensive than others.
- Your commute to work, are the transport links good?
- How near are friends and family?
- If you have any special interests that need to be catered for in your chosen area
- What (if any) shopping facilities are nearby
- What services are important to you – schools, hospitals?
Finding the property to live in
Once you have chosen an area the next step is to start your property search, look on Property Management Services properties page for a list of available properties or call our office.
Remember to consider how much rent you can pay each month and what type of property you can afford in your chosen area. You should also consider how much space you need, the layout you want and any extra requirements, such as a garden, parking space etc.
Once you have decided on the location and property type you require, look on our property page for available property & then contact our office to arrange a viewing.
Securing a the property to make your home
Once you have found a rental property that is suitable with Property Management Services, the following process will be implemented:-
- Reference checking – This will take into account your current and previous housing history, employment status and character references. It will normally take about five to ten working days to process your application.
- Completion of an application form, we will require ID, proof of residency and a holding deposit of one weeks rent.
- Deposit and first two weeks/one months rent clearance depending on how your rent is charged – You will be required to put down a deposit of up to five weeks rent, if you fail to pay your rent, cause any damage to the property or breach of contract, the landlord has a right to deduct the costs from your deposit.
- A payment of up to £50 inc VAT to alter the tenancy agreement, when requested by a tenant, or reasonable costs incurred if higher.
- Interest at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate, for late payment of rent (which is more than 14 days overdue).
- A payment of £15 inc VAT for the replacement of a lost key or security device.
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy when requested by the tenant.
- Payments to service providers in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax.
- Other payments, permitted under appropriate legislation, including damages.
You can be assured that all information passed to Property Management Services will be dealt with in a confidential manner.
Property Management Services are members of UK Association of Letting Agents (UKALA) and National Landlords Association (NLA).
Property Management Services are members of the Property Redress Scheme and have UKALA Client Money Protection.
All deposits paid are held in a designated client account in accordance with government regulations and protected with mydeposits which is a government approved scheme.
Living in your new home
Living in a rental property differs from living in a property of your own. Things to consider include: –
- Insurance – Ensure you are covered not only for your own items but also any potential damage to your landlord’s property. Property Management Services can arrange specialist tenants insurance, which is designed specifically for those living in rental properties.
- Bills – Property Management Services tenancy agreement stipulates who is responsible for which bills, please ensure that you read it and understand what you are responsible for.
- Pets – Some property owners won’t allow pets so check out the situation before you move in.
Tenant responsibilities when living in their new home
As a tenant of Property Management Services there is a number of obligations you must adhere to, these include: –
- Payment of rent according to the conditions set out in the tenancy agreement.
- Payment of council tax as required.
- Payment of service and utility bills as specified in the tenancy agreement.
- Payment of your TV licence.
- Taking proper care of the property and keeping it in a good condition.
Property Management Services provides you with a comprehensive list of your tenancy responsibilities. You should read the tenancy carefully before agreeing to the terms contained within it, should there be any part that you do not understand or need clarification on then you should speak with a member of the Property Management Services team.
Monday 10:00 – 17:00
Tuesday 10:00 – 17:00
Wednesday 10:00 – 17:00
Thursday 10:00 – 17:00
Friday 10:00 – 17:00
Property Management Services
11 Kings Road,